Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Evangelicalism is bleeding

Way back in 1996, Dr. David Wells wrote a pamphlet (which now has become a fully fledged book by the same name) that described how evangelicalism moved from outside the religious establishments with all its entrapments to becoming the religious establishment. Evangelicalism wanted to gain the whole religious world, but in the process lost its own soul.

"So what I would like to do in the time that I have is to look, first, at some of the great surface changes which have taken place during this time and, second, I want to try to look beneath the surface of those changes, and then, third, I want to begin sketching out ways in which I think we might seek to change some directions. So what is the peril I see happening?"
Continue reading "The Bleeding Of The Evangelical Church"...

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin