Thursday, January 24, 2008

Churches may as well close their doors

Phil Magnan, President of Biblical Family Advocates, has written an open letter to churches and their pastors called, "If Churches Cannot Preach Against Abortion, They Should Just Close Their Doors." It is on the front page of their website and can also be read at ChristianNewsWire.

It is a stinging rebuke aimed at churches who do not speak out against abortion openly.


I am inclined to agree with Magnan. When I look at the churches in South Africa, I see a group that is so disinclined to speak out on the issues of the day, that they will harbour murderers or those who agree with murder in their churches!

That is the bottom line! Why can churches so easily speak against fornication, adultery and other gross sins (if they do at all), yet when it comes to abortion, they are silent.

It is this very silence that condemns them!

Mat 25:34-46 (34) Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. (35) For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, (36) I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.' (37) Then the righteous will answer him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? (38) And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? (39) And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?' (40) And the King will answer them, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.' (41) "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. (42) For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, (43) I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.' (44) Then they also will answer, saying, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?' (45) Then he will answer them, saying, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.' (46) And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

The interesting thing about this discourse is that Jesus made it clear, that when we do justice unto others, we do it unto Him. When did we welcome, clothe or visit Jesus? Jesus' answer is, "
as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me."

On the other hand, when we neglect to do justice unto others, the question can be stated, "Lord, when did we not do justice unto you?" Then Jesus answers, "
as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me."

It is NOT good enough for churches to say that they are doing something in the background. The time for Secret Service operations is over. The time for a full frontal attack is here.

The enemy is destroying millions of the unborn every year (more than 50,000/year in South Africa), yet the church is satisfied with its silence.

"IF YOU DID NOT SPEAK OUT FOR ONE OF THE LEAST OF THESE, YOU DID NOT SPEAK OUT FOR ME!"

Churches are happy to have their little prayer huddles, their exciting relevant services, their three-points-to-a-successful-life or how-to-hear-from-God sermons, but in the meantime babies are being slaughtered daily; yet, for these churches, God has not spoken on the issue to them in their prayer huddles at all! I guess, if God does not speak to them personally from the blue yonder, then they do not move.

However, it seems that when the Bible speaks, their spiritual ears are shut!

From those who have more, more will be expected!

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin