Thursday, July 30, 2009

NCT Friday: Summarizing New Covenant Theology




I studied at a Dispensational Bible College connected to Global University, back in the late 80's. Before I finished there, I started feeling a little uneasy about Dispensational Theology (DT). As I studied my Bible that unease continued to grow, until I completely discarded my beliefs in DT by the mid-to-late 90's. By that time I started to feel like I was the only one who believed like I did. The Bible just seemed so clear on the issues, however, I did feel a little lonely out there, since I felt like everybody around me believed in DT.

My family and I moved to the U.S.A. for two years (1999-2000), and it was there that I discovered New Covenant Theology (NCT). I was totally amazed that back in South Africa I came to a conclusion by myself, that had a name and a movement in America!

What is great, is that more and more Christians are discovering the interpretive framework of NCT. One such person is Andy Smith. He just started a short (or long) series of blog posts on discovering and summarizing NCT. So far he has done two posts:

Summarizing New Covenant Theology
Summarizing New Covenant Theology (Part 2)

First NCT Friday.
Next, NCT Friday: Summarizing New Covenant Theology - Part 2

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin