Then I have 5 books listed below that are lined up, in order that they were purchased, not necessarily the order in which I will read them, that I got as recent as today (last 2):
- God's Battalions: The Case for the Crusades by Rodney Stark (the crusades interest me somewhat)
- Busted: Exposing Popular Myths about Christianity by Fred von Kamecke (I won this book via a competition from Zondervan)
- Christianity in South Africa: A Political, Social & Cultural History edited and compiled by Richard Elphick and Rodney Davenport (my church history lecturer from Bible school in the mid-80's, Allan Anderson, recommended this book on South African church history. Should perhaps read this one in conjunction with one of my other books, A History of South Africa by Frank Welsh)
- Disciplines of a Godly Family by Kent & Barbara Hughes (got this book at 30% off today)
- A Visual History of the English Bible by Donald L. Brake (picked this one up today at 50% off)
I just hope I can get to them soon enough. One of the reasons I take so long to read these days is because I am studying at night, and that takes up a lot of time.
Anyway, if you have actually read any of these books, feel free to leave a short review in the comments section.