Friday, August 05, 2005

Reading List

I love reading. I wish I had more time for reading and I would at least get to the books I am going to list here. I believe that reading helps us think better, not just about the subject at hand, but in general.


Here on my blog, on the right hand side, I have three headings: Books I am reading now, Books I am reading next and Books on the shelf. The lists of books under these headings will change as I read through the books listed there.


I decided to take a look at my library of books to see how many books I have waiting for me to read. Well, I was shocked! I really did not expect so many of them! I am a bit of a book junky. So, perhaps I should stop buying new books and first read the ones I will be listing next. These are the books that I haven't read yet and plan to read as I finish reading the books under the three headings mentioned above.


The books here are listed by author (last name) and title.


Adams, Jay, Competent to Counsel
Alcorn, Randy, Pro Life Answers to Pro Choice Arguments
Ankerberg & Weldon, Ready with an Answer
Batten, Don, The Answers Book
Boice, James Montgomery, The Glory of God's Grace
Bruce, F.F., Paul: Apostle of the Heart Set Free
Bunyan, John, Grace Abounding
Carson, D.A., Sermon on the Mount
Carson, D.A., The Gagging of God
Chapman, Gary, The Five Love Languages
Colson, Charles, Kingdoms in Conflict
Colson, Charles, How Now Shall We Live?
Colson, Charles, Burden of Truth
Coplestone, F.S., Jesus Christ or Mohammed?
Cruz, Nicky, Run Baby Run
Davis, John Jefferson, Evangelical Ethics
Dostoyevsky, Fyodor, Crime and Punishment
Duriez, Colin, Tolkien and the Lord of the Rings: A Guide to Middle Earth
Edwards, Jonathan, Religious Affections
Erickson, Millard J., Introducing Christian Doctrine, 2nd Ed.
Fowler, Paul, Abortion
Geisler, Norman L., Christian Ethics
Groothuis, Douglas, Truth Decay
Ham, Ken, The Lie: Evolution
Harris, Joshua, I Kissed Dating Goodbye
Kistler, Don, Feed My Sheep
Kohn, Bob, Journalistic Fraud
Ladd, George E., A Theology of the New Testament, Rev. Ed.
Lahaye, Tim & Noebel, David, Mind Siege
Lewis, C.S., Surprised by Joy
Lewis, C.S., The Great Divorce
Lewis, C.S., The problem of Pain
Lewis, C.S., Selected Books (5 in one volume)
Lloyd-Jones, D. Martyn, Puritan Papers, Vol One
Lloyd-Jones, D. Martyn, Knowing the Times

MacArthur, John, Our Suffering in Christ
MacArthur, John, Hard to Believe
MacArthur, John, Ashamed of the Gospel
MacArthur, John, How to meet the Enemy
Mays, Willie, Say Hey
McGrath, Alister, Understanding the Trinity
Nicole, Roger, Our Sovereign Saviour
Packer, J.I., Puritan Papers, Vol Two
Packer, J.I., Puritan Papers, Vol Three
Philip, William (Ed), The Practical Preacher
Piper, John, The Justification of God
Piper, John, A God entranced vision of all things
Piper, John, Counted righteous in Christ
Piper, John, God's passion for His glory
Piper, John, Life as a vapor
Piper, John, Seeing and savoring Christ
Piper, John, When I don't desire God
Reymond, Robert, Paul: Missionary, Theologian
Ripken, Cal Jr., The Only Way I know
Sarfati, Jonathan, Refuting Evolution
Schaeffer, Francis, The Complete Works of Francis A. Schaeffer, Vol 3
Schaeffer, Francis, The Complete Works of Francis A. Schaeffer, Vol 5
Sproul, R.C., Chosen by God
Sproul, R.C., Faith Alone
Spurgeon, Charles, The Triumph of Faith in a Believer's Life
Spurgeon, Charles, A Passion for Holiness in a Believer's Life
Spurgeon, Charles, Grace abounding in a Believer's Life
Spurgeon, Charles, Holy Spirit Power
Spurgeon, Charles, Second Coming of Christ
Spurgeon, Charles, Being God's Friend
Spurgeon, Charles, The Key to Holiness
Stott, John, The Incomparable Christ
Strobel, Lee, The Case for Christ
Strobel, Lee, The Case for Faith
Swift, Jonathan, Gulliver's Travels
Taylor, Dr and Mrs Howard, The Spirityual Secret of Hudson Taylor
Ten Boom, Corrie, The Hiding Place
Tinker, Melvin, Close Encounters
Tinker, Melvin, Why do bad things happen to good people?
Tinker, Melvin, Wisdom to Live by
Tolstoy, Leo, War and peace
Unger, Merrill, New Testament Teaching on Tongues
Verwer, George, Out of the Comfort Zone
Wellman, Sam, David Livingstone: From Africa to Eternity
Wells, David, God in the Wasteland
White, James R., The God Who Justifies
Will, George F., Bunts
Yohannan, K.P., Revolution in World Missions
Zacharias, Ravi, Deliver us From Evil
Zacharias, Ravi & Norman, Geisler, Who Made God?
Zimbalist, Andrew, Baseball and Billions



Just thinking...

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin