Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Is it Monday already?

How many of us don't think of work as a necessary evil that must be done in order for us to look after our families? Some who make a lot of money see work only as a means to an end:
As ABBA used to sing...
"Money, money, money
Must be funny
In the rich man's world
Money, money, money
Always sunny
In the rich man's world
Aha-ahaaa
All the things I could do
If I had a little money
Its a rich man's world."




To many, if not most people, work is merely that unnecessary event during the day, which must be done in order to have money to live!

Many times, I find myself thinking: "Man, I'm tired of working! It is such a waste of time! I could be doing so many better things right now than this!"

I think many of us are caught with those thoughts.

However, is that how God wants us to think of work?

The Rev. Robert Lynn wrote a very interesting article called "T.G.I.Monday: The Gospel at work," in which he explores this issue of work and shows that work is not just something to make a living by, it is also a way to find meaning in life, "not a distraction from mission but part of the mission."

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin