Monday, May 05, 2008

Phil Johnson reviews "Why We're Not Emergent"

Well, here is a book I am going to buy! After reading Phil Johnson's review of Kevin DeYoung's and Ted Kluck's Why We're Not Emergent: By Two Guys Who Should Be, (available at Amazon and Kalahari), I will be getting this one.

Here is a short excerpt:
"In fact, I think I said wow at least once in every chapter of this book. No matter how little or how much you know about postmodernism and the emerging church, you will find this book informative and thought-provoking. I'm pretty sure I have read more material on both sides of this issue and spent more hours thinking critically about it than the average evangelical lay person. But I found myself repeatedly being challenged with new facts, fresh ideas, and arguments I hadn't considered before. I gained a clearer perspective even on some of the very aspects of Emergent thought that are most familiar to me.

"The book rings all the right notes, at just the right tempo."

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin