Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Randy Alcorn on Mahaney and Piper's last Resolved sermons

Randy Alcorn, writer of non-fiction books such as Heaven, In Light of Eternity and Restoring Sexual Sanity, and fiction such as Deadline, Dominion and Deception, wrote a heart felt letter to C.J. Mahaney and John Piper thanking them for their last messages at the Resolved Conference.

Here is a snippet from Randy's letter:

I wanted to send this to the two of you in gratitude (mostly to God, secondarily to you) in particular for the final night of Resolved. I have been moved to tears and deep worship many times, but not in recent memory to the extent that I was Monday night.

Mark 15 and CJ’s “scream of the damned…for us” touched me at a profound level. The Holy Spirit spoke. And though I prayed and knew that John’s message would beautifully end the conference, I was not prepared for the way it happened.

Do yourself a favour and read the letter. When you're done reading the letter, then listen to the two messages he refers to in his letter.

C.J. Mahaney's message.
John Piper's message.

HT: Justin Taylor

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin